mBryonics was founded to break leading edge research out of the laboratory in order
to address real world applications and is made up of a creative and passionate team of
engineers, scientists, industrial designers and industry experts. mBryonics is
actively developing technologies to enable the next generation of satellite
communications with some of the most exciting space companies around the world. We are
looking to expand our development team with people with specialised skill-sets that
are also comfortable working on projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Photonics Electronics Engineer
As a photonics electrical engineer at mBryonics you will design electrical systems for photonics products for automotive, medical and space, particularly those for coherent applications at 100 Gb/s and beyond. As a digital ASIC designer, you will be responsible for all aspects of digital ASIC design focusing on RTL design, verification, logic synthesis, and timing analysis. You will design data path processing and/or control systems for advanced mixed analog/digital integrated circuits in System Verilog.
The engineering and research will take creative problem solving that you will verify analytically and also through testing. A strong background in photonic and electrical analytical simulation skills as well as in designing development boards, and practical laboratory testing skills are desirable. You will work from concept to production on products as a part of an elite engineering team that are eager to collaborate and share their skills to create world leading technology.
- Propose and implement design solutions to meet internal requirements and/or customer specifications.
- RTL design of digital circuits using hardware description languages such as Verilog and System Verilog.
- Document high level description of designs and requirements for signal processing subsystems.
- Design and implementation of high speed forward error correction (FEC) codecs, such as Turbo Codes, LDPC, convolutional, and Reed-Solomon codecs.
- Write scripts using languages such as Python and PERL to achieve higher performance and improve productivity through automation.
- Create development boards for ASIC testing for timing constraints and closure on high speed, low power designs.
- Data path processing and/or control systems for advanced mixed analog/digital integrated circuits in System Verilog.
- Photonic circuit design layout (convert designs into GDSII format) using python.
- Work with mechanical and photonics packaging and systems engineers for design trades-offs to align and meet design goals.
- Support related teams including fab, environmental test, packaging, and offshore engineering teams to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering.
- 2+ years of work/higher level academic experience and demonstrated experience with at least 1 ASIC produced.
- 1+ years of experience with System Verilog.
- High speed PCB design with Eagle or Altium Designer
- Previous experience with scripting languages like Python, TCL, Make or Shell.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in designing electronics for Photonics systems.
- Experience with RF simulation in Ansys or Microwave office.
- Experience in timing constraints and closure on high speed, low power designs.
- Experience using Eclipse
- Experience with Spice
- Experience in PIC design (Nazca, Phoenix, Luceda)
- Experience in photonics simulation with Lumerical
- Experience in Optical design (Zemax)
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to this email address (please do not change the subject).
mBryonics' Privacy Statement can be viewed here.